WA Charity Direct was formed in 2004 by like minded people who wanted to contribute to charitable causes in a high impact way. WA Charity Direct is as dynamic as it is unique. We help anyone from a single person in need of a wheelchair, families experiencing financial difficulties that are caring for a disabled child, to ‘start-up’ charities and community based charity groups.
WA Charity Direct was founded on two objectives:
- To give away 100% of all funds raised
WA Charity Direct is run by professionals who donate their time and expertise. No money is wasted on administrative fees or caught up in costly advertising campaigns. To date all our legal work, accounting and design work has been donated.
- Support the West Australian Community
WA Charity Direct supports applicants who reside in Western Australia only. Our support extends to individuals who are in necessitous circumstances and lower profile charity groups. Over the years, WA Charity Direct has made a real difference in people’s lives in a very practical way.
Members of WA Charity Direct are critical to our ongoing success, as all funds raised are generated by the membership fees. Financially, each WA Charity Direct member commits to paying a tax deductible membership fee. WA Charity Direct is a low maintenance, low involvement charitable organisation and as a member you can be confident that your financial donation goes directly to West Australian people in need.
What are the benefits of being a WACD Member?
- Every dollar raised goes directly to a local charity or individual in need
- Your membership fee is tax deductible
- You choose your level of involvement
The future growth of WA Charity Direct is directly linked to our growing membership base. Members are therefore expected to recruit at least 1 new member in their first year of membership. We will assist new members with this.Become A Member
Who We Help
Successful recipients of WA Charity Direct range from individuals and families with specific needs, ‘start-up charities’ and small to medium charitable groups requiring assistance.
Each application received by WA Charity Direct is considered based on the strict guidelines that are stipulated in the Charter. Applications are vetted by the Board of Trustees and all approvals must meet the set criteria. The set criteria remains private and confidential to the Trustees of WA Charity Direct as per the Trust Deed.Individual Charitable Organisation
- WA Charity Direct is a Registered Charity
- WA Charity Direct is endorsed by the ATO as a Deductible Gift Recipient, meaning that members fees or donations are eligible for Income Tax Deduction and the Foundation is exempt from GST – Find out more
- WA Charity Direct’s Honorary Auditors are HLB Mann Judd, level 4, 130 Stirling Street, Perth.
- WA Charity Direct has been issued with a Charitable Collections Licence – Charitable Licence 100% to Charity
The Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of WA Charity Direct work within a range of professional industries and all donate their time and expertise. They are:
- Robyn Preston
- Simon Birkhead
- Scott Stanley
- Jeff Miller
- Peter Carter
- Pauline Eves
- Damien Eves
- Simon Cherry
- Ron Dwyer (absent from photo)
- Andy Brown (absent from photo).
- Karron Johnson (absent from photo)